Thread: Advice Needed
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 08:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
angelgirl
You're never alone!!

Hi there Curia! Congrats on heading the right direction in beginning sobriety. It's a road worth taking. You are worth alot more than the drugs and alcohol make us...
Checking into a detox, and possibly a treatment center is a VERY good choice. It is SO difficult to go through without one. It can also be very dangerous to do it on your own.
Call your local HOSPITAL, they should be able to direct you to a detox. You can alos call your local CRISIS HOTLINE. They will not call the police if you are not suicidal. That is the experience I have had with them. I have called them just to have someone to talk to. They always know where to direct you, if they don't know off hand, they will find out for you. Don't hesitate to call them, that is what hey are there for. I think you could maybe get the number to a crisis hotline through your local hospital. Please call, you will be happ yyou did. A treatment center is a VERY good place to begin recovery. You DO NOT need to do this alone.
Please keep us informed about how you are doing, someone is always here!! We all care. Love, Becky