Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Hi - welcome to SR - this is a great place for support and advice.

I go to AA and am lucky to have found some amazingly warm meetings where I can benefit from others sharing their experiences; strength; and hope. I would say, give it a go. You have nothing to lose and potentially a lot to gain. For me AA has been a life changer. Not only has it helped me not pick up again. It has helped me readjust my perspective on life, and to learn different strategies for dealing with fears, anxiety, and resentments.

It's usually a nerve wracking experience attending your first meeting, and there are a number of threads on here about it. Some new, and some older, but AA never changes much. Take a look through, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask... first AA meeting - Search SoberRecovery.com

if you'd like to understand more about what AA has to offer, then Monkey on My Shoulder is a great book, as is Living Sober. Both are available cheaply from Amazon (Living Sober you can download free to read online actually... Alcoholics Anonymous : Living Sober).

Wishing you lots of health, serenity and companionship in your sober journey. Keep us posted about how you're getting on.