View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ohme

You guys have given me so much to think about. I kind of have a short memory with this stuff and always think that i can just 'handle it'. But nothing changes if nothing changes (from intervention show). That thanksgiving post was exactly what I needed to read. I know it's early on and I think I might have to bite the bullet and be honest with the friends while we are there (at the very least say I'm taking a break for awhile), and leave right after we eat, if I start to feel pressured. I think that if I give the 'I'm not doing it and don't bug me' attitude for long enough she will act hurt but she will get drunk and dance away to the friends who are drinking eventually. It will suck for me but my husband will be there to remind me why I wanted to do this in the first place. I am pretty codependent with my friends sometimes. I know that it sounds messed up but if I stop drinking I know they will feel betrayed. Ugh, cannot tell you how many weddings I've blacked out for. There are some ugly ass pictures out there where I think I just look so hot. I'm gonna read all of your advice and that article on Friday again before I go, and I'm gonna post back on this board Saturday morning. Even if I screw everything up and drink, I'll be posting here, and I will be honest.
You guys are amazing that you spent all this time writing me out help. Thank you.