Old 07-14-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
FeenixxRising

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
How long do they last? Maybe they are like phantom cravings, just a feeling something is off. After reading that Allen Carr quit smoking book that's how my nicotine cravings were.
Usually they last consistently for a few hours in the evening. It's odd because the "craving" doesn't really go away. When I quit smoking, the physical craving for nicotine would come in waves, but in between the urges, the craving would disappear altogether. This feeling is more like you describe above: as is something is off or out of place and never does really go away until I go to sleep (I have this feeling as I type this post).

I have Carr's book (but didn't use it to quit smoking, I used Chantix instead), so I'll have to read up on phantom cravings. That may explain what's going on.

As I stated in my OP, this feeling isn't overwhelming, but I am curious about the cause. As I consider the cause, I tend to think it's just something that time and good health practices will take care of. I'm sure my brain still needs time to heal from the three substances I've constantly bombarded it with for many years: sugar, nicotine and alcohol (and in that order)