View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
tomsteve

I'm g,ad to read a cincern about this, but I also read some things that concern me. One of them the concern of what others think. You shouldn't care what other think about you not drinking. If they have a problem with you not drinking, it's their problem. If they start grilling you about it a d try to get ya to drink they aren't friends.
The two wine glass thing.... Reads like asking to be led from temptation then slapping it right in front of ya. Seems rather insane to do that.
Three things I make absolutely certain I have when I go somewhere alcohol is served:
Right motive
Fit spiritual condition
An escape route.
But that's today a d long after I put in a lot of footwork on getting sober. I didn't attend an event where alcohol was served for....it was over a year. I remembered where I came from and did NOT want to go back.
What did I do in the early days?
I made sobriety my #1 priority. I didn't go where there was temptation. I didn't even walk down the isle with alcohol in it at the grocery store. I made recovery my #1 priority and did whatever I had to do to stay sober and attending any occasion where alcohol was served wasnt part of the equation to maintain sobriety.

PLEASE take some time and think about the consequences. Might be good to sit down and write a pros and cons list on it.

There are poeple that have had similar situations your facing, went,didn't drink, and thought that " had it licked."
Only to drink again.