View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ohme

Wedding this Weekend :/

Hey SR,
Looking for some advice, I have a wedding this weekend (open bar) and it will be the first time I'm seeing some friends that I normally get trashed with. I am only on day 2 but I am really determined. This is my first time even considering being a person who doesn't drink. I'm freaking out a little. I know that I will be seated with my two biggest trigger friends and they will be watching me like a hawk. I'm not ready to tell them that I want to do this yet. I'm afraid everyone will think I'm pregnant if I'm not drinking. This is a group of friends who will grill me.
I asked my husband if maybe we could put two glasses of wine beside eachother and then I could pretend to drink mine and he could drink them both (lol) and he said he would, but I don't even know if they will fall for it/ I feel like an idiot for wanting to trick people bc I'm too much of a coward to say no.
But I know if I say no they will try to convince me to, and I don't think I'm strong enough to hold them off all night. not yet.
What do you do, in these early days, in a hopeless situation like this?