Old 07-14-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FeenixxRising

I Have Cravings, but I'm not Sure what I'm Craving

I have low-level cravings, but I'm not sure what I'm craving? It's very odd. I've quit drinking, I've recently quit smoking, and I'm in the process of regaining control of my blood sugar levels by changing my diet. Now I have low-level cravings for "something" at various times throughout the day. When I attempt to identify the substance I'm craving, I'm usually unable to do so.

For example, the thought of having a beer or a cigarette, usually doesn't indicate that alcohol or nicotine would satisfy the cravings. However, there are times (but not always) when the thought of eating a pint of Haagen-Daze would satisfy the urge. But that's not always the case.

Fortunately, these cravings aren't overwhelming, but they don't seem to be going away or even diminishing, and that's annoying (and a little disheartening). I may just need more time, but I'd really like to get past this. Venturing a guess for the cause, I believe it's the combination of stopping the nicotine and changing my diet. Together, they've probably left my brain seeking some substance it was used to having on a daily basis.

Has anyone else experienced this?