View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Originally Posted by Charlie117926 View Post
Hello SR:

With that said, I apologize to all of you who have responded to my past posts and offered encouragement and tips. I feel like I wasted your time because I was not serious enough then, when I should have been. Or maybe its just I am finally at the point that I am ready to do this.

Charlie, you don't need to say this. That said, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I feel like such an *sshole coming on here time and time again and admitting failure. I feel like people reading just roll their eyes and think "ah, there she is again, not even close to serious about this sobriety thing" But we are, aren't we? For some of us it really is a very long process of ups and downs. I once had a friend compare the breakup of a relationship to knocking over a soda machine. I think the analogy fits here for some of us. It is really hard, nearly impossible to knock a soda machine over with one push. If you want to knock it over you need to rock it back and forth back and forth until it gains momentum and finally topples over.
We are here Charlie and we understand. I believe you when you say you want to be sober. I believe you even when you come on here and say you drank again. I know how it is. Thinking of you today and everyday. You were one of my first pals here and I am thankful to have you on this journey and to be with you on yours.