Old 07-13-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by notgonnastoptry View Post
I can't go to the inpatient rehab, so I'm going to the 6 hour a day one.

My story is similar. Last Bender lasted four days and all I consumed was vodka. Even when I tried to counter that with water, it wouldn't stay down. I finally couldn't walk anymore. That's when the spouse said "get in the car or I'm calling 9-11". AT First I refused then thought, it can't get any worse than this. I've been on a potassium drip, among other things for five days. I'm on a regular floor now. they monitor all vitals all the time. thank god everything is in order on that front. I have a few options for the out-patient therapy. Which one worked for you guys. My appetite is back and I'm doing a little better in terms of walking. But maybe I will call down the physical therapist. Can't hurt
I'd say whatever option gives you the most resources to get better is the one you should choose. As hard as it may seem to fathom, people walk out of situations like you have just experienced and the first thing they do on the way home from the hospital is buy another bottle and start drinking. I'd consult with your doctor and see if they have suggestions for which outpatient options you've been presented with are the best for you.