View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 04:57 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  
nymets86

Ready, I hope your Monday isn't as stressful as you are fearing it will be. Either way, just being sober will be good accomplishment and something to be proud of. Maybe keep thinking about how great it feels you have this long sober stretch going if you find yourself feeling down, or overwhelmed at work.

I just finished up my 21st consecutive sober weekend. Played tennis with some friends yesterday, then some golf, then went for a jog. Just felt like a super healthy day and was so nice doing all that while hungover.

I slept in a bit later than I wanted to this AM, but about to do a really quick trip to the gym and then go to work. Planning to do the gym again this afternoon since I have no plans tonight and want to keep occupied. Fortunately I have several work-related things this week that will have me driving around the tri-state areas for meetings. Very much looking forward to it. Did something similar in early February (I do this about every 6 months) and I was dealing with horrible hangovers the whole time. Made driving so unenjoyable and then the meetings were all less productive than they could have been cuz all I wanted to do was get home and get to bed and I was afraid people could smell the alcohol on me.

So yeah, this week I'm looking forward to and then I'm off to Europe!