View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by dunkelheit View Post
Well I'm trying to have a little fun, and all the parties I get invited to involve excessive drinking. I can't have as much fun at parties with a bunch of strangers unless I have a few beers in me (I have social anxiety, so when I showed up, my hands were shaking). But 2 beers turn into maybe 6 and then I'm waking up somewhere. I only brought 2 beers to the party, but then we went out to the bar, came back, and started drinking again. Then the only thing left was whiskey.

I know it's a bad idea to mix different types of drink, but I was feeling fine until the whiskey. Everyone forgave me because they all do drugs, and have been in similar situations, but why did this have to happen last night?
I'll spare the pleasantries Dunkel. You are an alcoholic. You'll never be able to drink "just a couple" and going to drinking parties will always end up like this, until they start getting worse.

It doesn't matter what kind of alcohol you drink either...you will get blackout drunk on beer, wine or any hard alcohol. Why? Because you are an alcoholic and you cannot control your drinking. And you never will be able to either. We are all the same way....and we'd be happy to help you stop. But we cannot teach you how to drink in moderation....because it's impossible for us, just as it is for you.

The sooner you accept this the sooner you can move on and start getting better.