View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Starting day 63 here. 9 weeks! The milestones keep piling up lately.

Off work again today. Only plan is to take my laundry over to my folks house after I do my daily morning perusal of SR. I don't have a washer/dryer at my place. Along with being dog-friendly, a washer/dryer connection is a must have for the next place I live.

I'll probably go to a noon meeting again but am contemplating going to an 8 pm meeting instead. Of course, I could just go crazy and go to both.

Originally Posted by site1Q84 View Post
Instead I'm going to read and maybe take a bath. Sounds much better if you ask me!
Funnily enough, baths are a HUGE trigger for me so I've had to stick to showers in sobriety this time. Oftentimes, I used to start my drinking off by pouring two glasses of wine and taking them and whatever book I was reading into a hot bath with me. Thank goodness I don't associate showers with drinking or I might be one smelly guy by now.

Awesome news on the upcoming job! Very proud of and happy for you!

AGAG -- congrats on day 70!

Just as day 90 is your next immediate goal, day 70 is mine as 69 days is the longest I've ever had sober since I started drinking. Of course, I plan on continuing on this journey after day 70 as well. My next short-term goal after that is 100 days, which also happens to be my birthday.

nmd -- that first meditation video was too funny.

KaleGrrl -- it's so good to have you back with us! You're a much-needed breath of fresh air.

If you haven't checked in lately, hope you'll do so today! Wishing everyone a safe and sober Thursday. (or Monday, as it's called in Australia)