View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Gilmer

Just when I think I'm running at extremely high efficiency, a wrench gets thrown into the gears!

I think I may have accidentally thrown away a valid medical card from my dad's wallet (along with the reams of junk). It has already been hauled away.

The nursing home yesterday suspected that the cards I presented to them didn't cover the prescriptions. I have been panicking a little since--but then I looked at the website, and I realize that I can submit the receipts for reimbursement if need be.

Thank God he still has active prescription insurance. Awhile ago (as some of you might recall) I accidentally cancelled it altogether! I will try to get a new card ASAP so that I can present it to the facility he'll be moving to permanently by the end of the month.

I know we're doing the right thing--and when he's not in his right mind, I have no doubt--but it still seems so sad and I wish it could be different.

Thursday night they found matches on him (!--he's never smoked in his life!--they must have dug it out from the junk in his bag. God knows what old stuff he has in there. I just took out the heavier things and put in some necessary clothes and toiletries).

He kept trying to get out of bed and escape, too, so they had to inject him with a horse's dose of Ativan. I wonder if they'll call me with a report today.