View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  
SwimKim12

Hey Amp. Hang in there. You always give such thoughtful advice to us; I hope you turn some of that inward. Don't let your environment push you to drink. You deserve so much more. You've made lots of progress over the last 2-3 months - keep that going! Remind yourself why you are here...if the triggers get to be too much then you have every right to remove yourself from the situation. Don't worry about what your family members might think - this is about you and your health. Sending you lots of strength! I know you can do this.

Angie, I'm glad you are feeling better. I echo what Dee said, it's not worth letting the actions of others push you to drink.

Good morning/afternoon/evening to everyone else. We have today off work which is wonderful. I'm up bright any early and just finished my breakfast and coffee. Starting the long weekend off right! Unfortunately for my roommates they may not be feeling so fresh this morning. It was one of my roommate's birthday, so we all hung out last night (which we hardly ever do) and everyone was drinking. I declined (obvi) even as my roommate who hardly ever drinks asked if I wanted just one (nope!). They all got pretty tipsy. I'm glad I wasn't in that boat.