Thread: Extended Abuse
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 12:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
thotful

Perhaps I should consider myself lucky - The people that have either been emotional abusive, enabling or giving silent approval (through non-action or accepting the behavior), or some combination of both. well, none of them live with me. Constantly being in my face would not be an interest to me. When I turned 18, I moved out of my parents house and never looked back. I'm estranged from two siblings and am NO CONTACT. My mother tries to get me to feel guilty about it - along with a couple other siblings. If I had to live with them..woof...it would be very difficult to have my own space. Even if I have boundaries doesn't mean people have to respect them. That's what living on my own, ignoring a phone call, e-mail, or whatever gives me a little more control over their contact with my life. I'm able to set a comfy distance. I call my mother less nowadays because of her controlling and judgmental behavior. I love her to tears, but I'm treading lightly to avoid the risk of seeking out her approval. I need to approve my own life. I feel like many of my FOO members are like the "naysayers" in the stands at my basketball game. While I play, my supportive friends cheer me on, and gasp when I'm hurt, and cheer when I get up again. They cheer when I make a 3 point. etc. These foo members, they're different. They're that annoying person at the game who constantly dogs on their team. And people look at them and say, "umm, are you sure that's 'your' team - sounds like you want them to lose" - -- "boo!", "hey, stop being a dummy", "why did u put that loser in?", "oh, what are you trying to 3-point now" - NITPICK, NITPICK. Annoying! So, I just don't want them on my sidelines anymore. They're constant nitpicks and bickering...well, it never helps. Ever.