Thread: AGF quit rehab
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 10:41 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
suki44883
RIP Sweet Suki

Originally Posted by ihatealcohol80 View Post
Suki, your opinion does not correlate with my research on treatment. I hope you learned a lesson at getting a dui at the age of 50. My AGF deserves the best and I'm sure this new rehab will solve the issue.
Well, I am not trying to "correlate" with your research. I have LIVED the life of an addict, and that is something no "research" can attest to. I am just stating my own experience. As for a "learned" lesson, I will say this. Even after that DWI, I continued to drink for another two years. You see...just because one gets slammed in the face with their addiction, it doesn't mean that they automatically seek sobriety...much like your fiance. She will decide when she has had enough of the drinking life. Or...she may not. Not everyone recovers. In fact, most people do not.

We are done when we are done. I am done, and June 6th of this year marked 8 years of continuous sobriety for me.

You sound kind of snarky to me about my sharing my own experience. That's okay. Your opinion of me is irrelevant. I'm just trying to help here. However, I'll sign off this thread since you don't seem to want my ESH. Good luck! I truly mean that.