Thread: AGF quit rehab
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 09:30 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
suki44883
RIP Sweet Suki

Originally Posted by ihatealcohol80 View Post
Suki, she is 35 and never has been arrested. Some of the ladies there were harden convicts. The rehab she will be attending has a Dr. on site. I'm hoping this is what she needs.
IHA, I was almost 50 before I was arrested for DWI. I had never, ever been in trouble with the law at that time. I was surrounded by people who had gone through the same process multiple times. I was terrified through the entire court process and what came after. What that told me was that I was just like they were. I never felt "above" them, because I wasn't. Your fiance isn't above them, either.

Don't give her more credit than she deserves. She drove a school bus full of children around while drunk. You have said you don't care about "what might have happened." Those are words from someone in denial. One child's life is worth more than any excuse or justification you can come up with.

Go on and do what you feel is right. I'm here to tell you that it doesn't matter how many, or what kind of rehab you put her in...if SHE doesn't want to stop drinking completely and life a sober life, you are just wasting your money and her time.