View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Cauliflower

Family get togethers are probably tricky. Family tend to be more open with one another, and you may encounter some questions from well intended cousins...I recently started reading a book, "I Quit, now what" (or something like that) and in the first chapter he was pretty blunt on how to deal with the person who insists that you have a drink with them; after the fifth try he basically told his buddy to F off, I'm not drinking! LOL. With family, you can pretty much say anything!

Last night after telling our friends that I quit, I got the Why? question asked for the first time. They are close friends, so I get that, kind of like family. I just said it wasn't working for me anymore and I just don't like it anymore. I also said I am scared to become a raging out of control alcoholic (which in reality, was the path I was on). I was told that I don't have a problem. I just smiled, because they were just being polite I think. Trying to make me feel better maybe? I don't know, but it was a first for me. Thankful the conversation changed to another topic, and we had fun! I was drinking my club soda with lemon while they sipped on their drinks. One thing I did notice, they only had one or two drinks each. I know, I shouldn't be watching and counting everyone's drinks, but it is weird...I used to drink way more then that with them, how could they not see that I was a drunk?!

I am heading to their campsite today and spending the night with my friend. Our husbands are working, so it will just be us, the kids, and possibly things that go bump in the night. Should be fun! And I am not drinking!