Thread: Benefits
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
PurpleKnight

This morning I woke up without a hangover, a bit earlier at 4am I didn't wake up with a panic attack thinking was I still drunk and how much water can I chug before I have to get up for work, and then in the bathroom I wasn't sick in the shower and frantically trying to make myself presentable.

As I drove to work, no more anxious thoughts of being pulled over and still being over the limit, instead having plenty of time having got up earlier and feeling well rested I had some me time before work, a coffee and a newspaper to start my day, and then at work I was more productive than I was when I drank, no more hiding away, only wanting to do the minimum, no more simply coasting on auto pilot.

When I arrived home from work, I went out for a long walk in the nearby park, and since quitting alcohol I definitely feel more healthy, I've lost a few pounds and am now within a healthy weight bracket, through eating better and more exercise my overall physical health has improved.

This evening without drinking I now have more free time on my hands, it used to be something I feared, but have discovered so many things I want to do, new activities, books I never got around to, new hobbies, that I never had time to do through drinking and hangovers, but the world is now full of opportunity, mentally and emotionally I am now in a better place, happier with myself, happier with my life, I can build a life to be proud of, something alcohol many times would promise but I now know could never deliver!!

Good things? I guess there's a few!!