Old 07-01-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
redatlanta

It sucks that you have to continue to disappoint your kids and I think that might be where your emotion is coming from. Hope that at least after the divorce and you two weren't battling, that he would no longer mess with their heads in an attempt to hurt you. At least that's how I see it. Clearly he always intended to sell. That's par for the course in the person he has become to manipulate to get his way. I think the best decision was to end all of that and in doing so you were going to have to give up something - but you gained your freedom and sanity which is priceless!!

We just had to sell my parents house last February and move them to a wellness community. It was not the house I grew up in, but they lived there for 20 years. Their "last move". I loved that house. Now they are living in a one bedroom garden apartment, not a luxurious home with beautiful gardens. They are so happy in their new community I wish they had moved before they got sick. The apartment is home now - feels like home to me.

Sounds like your summer is lovely. A remarkable difference from last summer when you were still in divorce. How wonderful that your children and you all are doing so well and recovered from AH madness. This house sell is just a blip and nothing more!