View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 02:22 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
Morning all!

Johnny, looking backwards in regret is likely to cause depression while looking forward into the unknown can provoke anxiety.

Although it's hard, perhaps the best route is to try to make the most of the present? Almost every present situation can be improved by applying a positive mind set to it.

That takes plenty of will power and you really need to want it. I find it hard because, I think, like many drinkers/ex drinkers, I actually feel pretty comfortable with depression.

Something I'm working on. Have a think about it
I agree with that, to focus on the present, otherwise I just get worked up. Meditation helps. Also I hear you Amp about being comfortable with depression but I think that for some people that could just be a product of long term alcohol abuse rather than a preexisting condition. I am fundamentally happier now than when I was drinking and I was certainly happier before I started drinking excessively. I am hopeful that my body is slowly sorting out my natural chemical balances. Don't get me wrong, I still have mood swings and ups and downs but my underlying state of mind is far more positive without alcohol in my system, and I think I am starting to get used to that
Have a great day all. I will not be attending the depression depot.
OMD