Thread: Problems
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
soberclover

You are right. Quitting alcohol is hard. Everything that I drank alcohol to cover up is now in front of me. The only way to get through it is to deal with it. It has been tough for me to figure out who I am. It's been tough for those around me and in my life too. Some people in my life didn't want my personality to change; they just wanted me to stop drinking because I was so dangerous to myself and others. But the thing is, when we stop drinking we ARE different. At first it isn't a good different.....recovering is hard work and very emotional so we can often flux between anger, sadness, and nothingness. But given time.......I did start figuring out who I was. I'm still working on it. The only relationship you need right now is with yourself. People in recovery say once you can do this then you are ready to be in a relationship. We never do it that way though. We get in to relationships and continue relationships even when we haven't figured out who we are. It is tough. But IT IS POSSIBLE. Just DON'T DRINK.