View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Jeremiah2911
Hopeful

Martina, I am YOU. Every word of your post could be me. Wobbly-check. Wine-check. 20+ years in education-check. Guilt-check. My family deserves a better me-check.
I have been awake since 2:30 in the morning (it's 9:25 in the USA). I am off on a 2-week break so I have real time to work on this. I work at a special needs school so we go to school year around with various breaks throughout the year. I have been able to hide my drinking problem from work because it's never a problem when I'm there. I have told the nurse at school and she is very supportive but, of course, I have to do this myself.
I am seeing a therapist who specializes in PTSD and substance abuse. She is treating me for both. We have been concentrating on the PTSD right now but she told me that, if I am unable to be successful with making a solid plan AND following it, she will help me. I have an appointment in a couple of hours and I am bringing with me some things that I printed from one of Dee74's post about making a plan. It sounds like you've got a good start.
I wish you the best and will also be joining the July group. It's my birthday month. I'm going to make this one stick. I deserve it!
Have an awesome day!