Old 06-28-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Readysteady

Originally Posted by SeriousKarma View Post
I remember going into my husbands bathroom after he had moved out to clean it. It was disgusting. His drinking at that time was at an all time high, and it seems like the first thing to go was cleanliness. The tub and sink were a nightmare, and I'm pretty sure those were vomit spots on the wall.

My X is a pretty tidy guy. Very vain. When ever he left the house he looked good. He kept the parts of the house he shared with my daughter and me picked up. But his bathroom and, to a lesser extent, his bedroom were a mess.

My heart goes out to you (and your brother). You're in a very difficult place.

Good luck to him tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you both.
Thank you, SeriousKarma! I hope your ex got himself straightened out. Yeah whenever my brother relapses he and his surroundings are a mess. He always wants me or our dad to come hang with him, but he drives us crazy. An absolute time-suck. He'll want to put on a video or clip from a movie and takes a long time doing it, and repeatedly rewind back to a scene or line. When trying to talk to him he cuts us off whwn we get 3 words in. He has a living room chair that he sits in with a table in front and to the side of him. He puked several times with most of it missing the can. He pees himself now n then. He spits hockers and mostly misses the can. I've repeatedly told him to stop setting his drink down on the carpet, yet he keeps doing it, along with his pint bottle that gets refilled. He frequently loses things right where he sits....lighter, phone, etc, and asks for help finding them. Yuuuck! I wash my hands alot but even moreso now. I have to constantly remind him to clean his cup before making another drink. Soon as he's in the hospital we're getting a carpet cleaner and first "crop dusting" the carpet and every surface with disinfectant spray. And when I think everythings clean I'm doing it again. All remotes, door knobs, you name it. Tomorrow is gonna be quite a day....get him to methadone clinic, then the hospital (and pray he doesn't procrastinate to thr end), and hope I can make it to work by 4:30.
Thanks much for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.