Old 06-28-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Readysteady

Originally Posted by Biancafp View Post
Readysteady, as you read in my post, my experience is somewhat similar in dealing with my sister. I don't know anything about how your brother got to this point, only what you informed in your post. I understand the mixed feelings, and the sense of responsibility on your shoulders. But if there's one thing I learned in all these years having to deal with a hardcore alcoholic is that she is not my responsibity, period. I won't fight her to get her treatment, rehab, nothing. I'm waay over that phase. And even though I don't live with her, she still sucks the life out of me and everyone else.
Like I said, I don't know any details of your situation, but your brother sounds like he will destroy himself and everyone around him in the process - you for sure.
I'm sorry if I don't have any comforting words, my experience is harsh, and my advice to people dealing with alcoholics is always this: run away as soon as you can.

Take care. PM me if you want to talk.

B.
Thanks Biancafp! Boy do I hear you about it sucking the life out of you. What makes it worse id I DO live under thr same roof....in a small condo...along with our father who's had it. And he's also already upset cause his brothers in the hospital. My brother's had many many relapses since he first got sick in 2005. I'd say oh....about 20 relapses since then. If I had another place to go I would. I'm barely paying my bills now as it is. I can, however, stay a night or 2 at friends house and occasionally stay in an inexpensive motel.....feels like the vacation of a lifetime! The plan is as soon as he gets dosed at the methadone clinic it's straight to the hospital. And if he plays that not getting out of the car crap for a half hour I'll call security. Keep you posted. Thanks!