Old 06-28-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Readysteady

Want to help but he's driving me crazy and grossing me out.

Just sharing what I'm dealing with here. Planning on taking my brother to the hospital tomorrow. For those who don't know, he's in bad shape. In the meantime, he's driving me crazy and grossing me out also. I feel bad for saying it as he really could be dying, but as in past relapses, he always wants me to "hang out". Yesterday I spent 2 1/2 hrs in and out of his room talking (make that ATTEMPTING to talk) to him, and almost 3 hrs late last night. Thing is, if he asks me a question that should take 1 minute to answer it winds up being an incredible struggle. As I get 3 words out he cuts me off and starts rambling. I start again, he cuts me off. He sees I'm getting angry and says I'm stressing him and making it worse. I try to explain that him continually cutting me off is very frustrating......but when I try to say even that.....he cuts me off. So I shut his door.and walk away. It's amazing how much time gets sucked away and so little conversation takes place.
The other thing is, his room, (at least the immediate area he sits in), is disgusting. As in past relapses, he throws up, usually missing most in the can so it gets on him and on the carpet in front and to the side of him. Plus he'll pee himself sometimes. I keep telling him, "PLEASE stop sitting your drink on the carpet in front of you, you have a coffee table". Nope....right there in all that nastiness. In one ear, out the other! Of course when he walks it gets tracked to other parts of his room and into other rooms he walks into. I'm washing my feet or spraying them with disinfectant often, and spraying the carpet. (I'm a mild germophobe, lol). So I love him but he's gross to be around and it seems like he's doing almost all he can to make conversation difficult. I feel kinda bad about that. Not sure if anyones had similar experiences but just thought I'd vent.