View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
SwimKim12

Hi Angie, thank you for sharing. Great job resisting the urge - it sounded really strong. You should be very proud! For that and reaching Day 60. Major milestone Keep with it - tomorrow is another sober, hangover-free day

So I have my own "craving" story from today. During work I was checking facebook, and saw a picture of my ex with this girl that I assumed he was dating (there have been a few other pictures posted the last few weeks). The picture today just confirmed it and it really stung. Granted, I broke up with him and am a million times better without him, it still hurt. So where did my mind go when those feelings hit? Yep, right to alcohol. I felt like I was taken back to months ago when I was within the throes of alcohol and contemplating drinking on a daily basis. I recognized the craving right away and that it was because of my reaction to the picture, so I pretty much shut it down right away. But it came back a few times as the afternoon wore on. No where near strong enough to act on but stronger than I've had in weeks. Eh. Made me think about the strength you all have had to resist drinking during the last two months. It inspired me to be strong as well.

On a positive note, I went to the gym for the first time in almost two weeks and it felt so good. It always feels good! I need to remind myself of that when I feel too lazy to go.

I hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start.