View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Serenidad

Originally Posted by IfYouCanDream View Post
Thank you all so much. You have no idea how much it means to me today to receive all this support. I'm feeling so low and worthless today and having someone who understands means the world to me. Thank you SR community. I'd be lost without you. I contacted my sponsor to tell her I had a bad craving but fought through it (that's what I thought at that moment). When the craving came back on with double force I felt like my body wasn't my body. I had known to come here or call for help but when that craving came on it didn't even cross my mind. Some terrible darkness took over and it just happened. Today I'm dismayed - it's so easy to f*** up! Very sober. You couldn't pay me enough to take a drink today. The emptiness I felt with that wine glass in my hand is impossible to describe. How easily can one forget over the course of several months... I'll remember better this time.
They way you described your craving like it was an outa body experience or terrible darkness is EXACTLY the way my cravings are! I truly believe MY disease is the devil! It's evil!

Hang in there. I relapsed after 5.5 years and it sucks! I try not to focus on how much "time" I have now...I just focus on today. :-)