Thread: Struggling
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tangled34

Struggling

Hi I have posted here once before but I have had a good look around and find the posts very helpful.

I asked my husband to leave about 10 weeks ago as his binge drinking was getting out of control and started misusing work and other important appointments because of his 2 and 3 day benders. He is staying with his parents and doesn't want help even though he knows he has a problem as he has admitted it to me on a few occasions. I have brought the extent of his drinking out in the open and now everyone knows but he is saying that he doesn't have a problem and that we just aren't getting on and that is why we split. At the moment he is trying to control it and is only drinking at weekends but will stay out all weekend. Is this common for an A to try and control their drinking?

Since I have brought this out on the open he has been horrible to me to the extent where he made sure that he told me that he met a girl in a bar and that our marriage is finished. When I asked why he did this he said because I threw him out and I said I did so he would get help to which he replied well your plan backfired!

On one of his hangover days he told me he wanted to come back and that he would get help and that he knows 99% of our problems are caused by his drinking but changed his mind the next day! Is it also common for an A to feel guilty and remorseful on their hangover day?

We have a little girl and I love him very much and we had a very good life together before the drinking took over and I'm struggling to move on after 18 years

Sorry this is long winded and all over the place like myself. I don't even know what I am asking but maybe just some advice? Thanks.