View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ruby2

I feel for you. Hang in there for this last month. My husband, from whom I haven't filed for divorce, always trots out "God meant for us to be together" crap whenever he is being particularly idiotic in his addictive behavior. I'm pretty sure that God isn't intending that I suffer for his addiction. With your husband I would think it's the same. Desperate manipulative quacking. Stay resolute. If you do feel that your safety is in jeopardy, follow through on a restraining order.

As for the "amends" he is attempting to make by calling all of your relatives. Making amends is a part of step recovery. However, I think in this situation it sounds like more manipulation. "See how well I'm doing? Isn't it great? And your daughter/granddaughter is dumping me just when I'm making this enormous change for the better." Addicts do stuff like that. They don't want people to see them for what they are.

I went to visit my grandfather yesterday. My husband stayed home with the kids. My grandfather asked how my husband was doing. He is pretty canny about that and is concerned. He said to tell husband hello. I relayed that to my husband who said "did you explain to him that I was tired from work and that's why I couldn't go? Did you tell him that I stayed home so that you could have a break from the kids?" No, he was still recuperating from going out and getting high and drunk on Friday. Had nothing to do with the unselfish and legitimate reasons. So you see, it's all hot air. I'm sure your family will take it as such.

Hugs.