Old 06-22-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
you and me both lol... it seems my job is working outside around this place. It's supposed to rain this week. I grabbed some impatiens from wally-world for a 1.28 a six pack. They will go where that table used to take up space.

I'm only inside because as I passed the jeep while taking bag #3 of yard junk to the curb I noticed my plate expires in a week. How did I miss that?
5 minutes on pa dot website and 36 charge to my card later... all should be good. It's quite efficient and I usually get the tag and card within a week. I also noticed the wifemobile expires end of July. I'll log on in a month and take care of that too.
On the job thing, I'm going to try prayer. It's been working for everything else. (yes, I know this is a mostly secular group.)

How do you get $36 plates? I thought PA was the Land of Taxes? I was born there and the license plates always said that back in the day.

I just bought mine last week - $90 for a 15 year old Subie - oh, but I added on the State Park permit, so I guess it was more like $55. We do have awesome mass transit (well, it's still buses - but really nice buses) paid for by license fees. This area needed a train system thirty years ago - but it didn't happen and now it's a big issue. We have awful traffic. I think it's fifth in the nation. So I need a job within five miles - the last one I had I was in transit for three hours a day. That is not happening again.

No short hair, not to worry. I'm a diehard shoulder length or thereabouts girl. I have really curly fine hair, so I kinda have to. No bangs, either - they just don't work with curls.