View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
anxiouswife2

he's baaaaaaaaaack

So - the time has come.
My soon to be ex husband (1 MOREMONTH until the hearing, cannot come fast enough) has returned from across the country where he was in-patient for approx. 110 days. it was so freeing, so relieving to have him so far away from my daughter and i.
he made a little bit of contact while there - basically saying things like "if you've moved on, you will "unmove" on because we're married & I was sick & now i'm better." UGH.
My state has to be one of the WORST states to untie this damn knot. there's a 1 year mandatory seperation period before you can even file. it has been the most brutal wait, while he holds still technically "being married" over my head whenever its convienent for him. However, July 7th we will be in court for child support and custody at which time the divorce will be added to our case. I moved out 10 months ago. In that time, our lives were so incredibly disconnected - didn't speak at all for almost 6 months during which he managed to be invovled in a hit and run DUI among other felony charges - and it makes me cringe to still have this tie with him.
I allowed him on Fathers Day (yesterday) to talk to our daughter on the phone. During which he told her he cannot wait to see her and mommy.
I have no plans of this and actually have had him sign off on a "parenting agreement" that states he will only have supervised visitation by his parents. He calls and texts constantly asking to see me in person, which i always decline, but the asking makes me uncomfortable enough. The person who left for rehab almost 4 months ago was irrational, a loose cannon, and terrified me.
Being "clean" hasn't changed those feelings i get in my stomach when i see his number on my phone.
Just curious if any one else has dealt with this and how... we are so close to being officially done, I just want to lay low & have this last month go quickly & quietly...