Old 06-22-2015, 02:31 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Weasel1966
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
Lovely photo, Ruby - gorgeous front porch and a nice looking cat to boot!

Mr. Chill it sounds like you have come through an interesting experience. I've been there and it's pretty scary. There's a part of us that really does think we can continue to drink. We believe that we can do so reasonably, and we also believe that we deserve it. These types of cravings are strange because you're not just fighting some faceless AV, you are actually fighting yourself. It's Will/Common Sense vs. Pleasure Seeking and it's not an easy battle. But ultimately we do have control of the outcome. And it looks like you exercised that control this weekend. Not everyone does. When we slip and drink, we don't "give in" to alcohol - we are making a decision to drink. There are no ghosts and fairies controlling our movements, and no bottle ever forced itself on anyone! Good for you for making the right decision this weekend in the face of a challenging urge. Well done.

I don't have to log into work until noon tomorrow, so I will enjoy a slow end to the weekend. Sundays are great these days. No putting out fires from drunken nights before. No scheming about calling in sick. No withdrawal sweats. No regrets. A few years ago I troubled with many of these mental burdens, but not today. And not tomorrow, as long as I continue to stay sober one day at a time! Night folks.
BigS..... You continue to inspire me. I am so glad you choose to be part of our weekender family. In amongst the jokes and sharing you always add something special.

Each of the weekenders who post is an important part. You help me feel good and free. You make me laugh out loud... For real and loudly.... You make me cheer for you. And when we see a new face we provide unconditional support. We see some do well and others it's not their time yet. But they keep coming back. And I know I will always be glad to see them... And you!

Ok..... Off to work I go!

Ken