View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Summer91

Yea I have been sober for 4 and 1/2 months. It's been harder since he started drinking again, but it makes me realize how much I hate that life. I wish I could have one drink here and there but I know I can't so at this point when people ask me, I have no plans on ever drinking again. I'm not much of a social person, I mostly drank alone at home. I'm trying to get more involved in my church so I can meet new people and keep busy, hard because I'm such a home body. I really don't have a lot of friends, I would only hang out with my husbands friends and their wives and girlfriends who all drink. So in the last 4 months I've only been around them one time since I stopped drinking. I feel stuck in a hard place right now, our marriage has always from the beginning been up and down and I do worry this is going to cause real big problems. I just joined this site a few days ago and I hope this will help me get through this, it's a great place to vent and get advice and encouragement. Thank to all.