Old 06-20-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MatildaRose

I do understand Birdiy. I have friends that have trouble believing that sobriety can ever last once you've admitted to being alcoholic. I have to always put on a happy face and still they are waiting for the other shoe to drop?? I just don't understand why so many have such little faith in the recovering process.
Originally Posted by birdygal78 View Post
Hey guys. I can't remember if I've ever posted here before, but I'm recovering in secret and I'm just wondering if anyone has ever dealt with people not checking on them? My husband, my best friend, my pastor and 3 others know about my addictions and my recovery, but none of them (other than my husband since he deals with me daily) ask how I'm doing. I relapsed in February and my best friend chewed my ass out and I told her I was struggling with it and she told me that I looked happy so she thought I was fine. Of course I'm not going to bitch and moan to them about every bad feeling I have about this. That would get old QUICK! I do talk regularly with my pastor about everything.

Has anyone else felt like no one really gave 2 ***** enough to ask how they were doing? Or am I just acting psycho?