Old 06-18-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
MesaMan

BS ~

The Mountain House is also on the Market. Good fun up there since '96, but House #2 outta 3 is too far away for us to get back to from out West. Before the House up there, we had a few Acres with an inherited 'Tuff Shed'. I slammed in a Murphy Bed I designed with just enough Room underneath for Golden Retriever #3. Good fun!

Despite my prodigious Drinking, House #3 got designed and built p/t over the last 12 years after Early Retirement. Lived in an 'Airstream'-type Trailer on site; a considerable step-up after Life in a borrowed Tent Trailer. Got to know the Weather; how the Rain flows; what the Wind does; etc..

Yep, this was Da Plan all along. Property Taxes drop by 75% for a House on 80 Acres of Mesa-top vs. this City House. No mo ~$150/month Water Bill in the Summer [Well]. No mo Sewer Bill [Septic]. We cut something like ~$300-/month off the top just by moving out West. Looks like Nowhere Colorado in this Pic, but all Services you'd need are 20 minutes away down our ~2,000'-long Driveway. On-Grid, though Solar.

Nice to have made it through the Worm Hole to now be able to Love Life Sober. Highly recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Sunset South_3_crop.jpg (70.8 KB, 50 views)