Thread: Follow-up call
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
thomas11

hi Artfriend, this is somewhat related. I had surgery on both knees recently, went to my first appt with a physical therapist last week. The physical therapist did some basic stuff and I had some questions and his response was always "I'll have to take a look at your chart". ok fine right? He also seemed pretty convinced that I should do the majority of my therapy in a specialized therapy pool. THEN, he takes my braces off to get a base measurement of how far my knees would bend. In all my time in the hospital my pain level maxed at about an 8 1/2 out of 10. This a$$hole bent my knees to the point where they would not bend any further. He literally said "they won't bend any further and he was pushing pretty hard. 10 out of 10 on the pain chart for sure, I was grunting and squeezing my pillow as hard as I could. My wife then informs me that the top 2 items on my chart are: ABSOLUTELY NO BENDING OF KNEES and NO AQUATIC THERAPY. Obviously this infuriated her, sh called my surgeon, they apologized and their advice, or direct order actually was "find a different clinic and DO NOT return to that facility. So I feel your pain, someplace else will be more than happy to have you. Don't let one bad experience derail you. You can do it.