Notices

Follow-up call

Old 06-16-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Follow-up call

I finally got a call from the intake guy's boss who works in another city. He did not apologize or even reference the situation. He says he will come to my city to do the intake. I asked if he would be the one to also facilitate the meetings and he said no, the other guy would still be doing the meetings. Again WTF? They totally missed the point here.

I called the ombudsman for the company that manages these clinics. Waiting for her to call back.

I am looking for a new facility.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep working on it, AF.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Did you ask him if this time the guy would be on time? That's pretty rude to keep you waiting so long.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Art that this unprofessional behavior happened to you. Is this the IOP thing? Sorry if I have not followed your recent posts correctly (I did read the other thread from today).

I think it's a very good idea to shop around for other facilities as well -- I'm guessing there should be options in Dallas? And then I would take it as an exploration initially, instead of counting on one or another place without direct experience with them. Talk to a few, do assessments at a few, see what suits you best.

This thing reminds me a bit of the time when I was looking for therapy and initially had only vague ideas how to look. So I asked around, investigated a few options, applied, did intakes, followed their instructions... to eventually find that it was best for me to search for and contact the therapists themselves. I guess this is different for IOP as it's an organized group thing, but I would still suggest to try a few places if possible. Wish you better luck!
Old 06-16-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there Art!!
Old 06-16-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Way to be persistent Art!! Don't give up...you're worth it!
Xoxo
Old 06-16-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Art. I read your last thread last night and decided to keep my mouth shut because everyone was fire and brimstone about the person who was unprofessional towards you.

I thought I'd write today to try and put a different slant on things for you.

Is spending all this time getting revenge worth your while?

You want help to get sober. That's the goal.

Yes this company treated you poorly. Yes you have a right to be annoyed and angry. But how does going to the ombudsman help? You've already decided you're going to another facility. Why waste your time going through the hoops on this?

If you want payback, there are other ways to do it which expend a lot less energy.

I suggest you write a review on yelp and move on. Leave out the names of people but just go hard about the company.

This will have an impact on them and they may even reach out to apologise,

Anyway - don't waste your time on being angry.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DrunkenDonuts View Post
Hi Art. I read your last thread last night and decided to keep my mouth shut because everyone was fire and brimstone about the person who was unprofessional towards you. I thought I'd write today to try and put a different slant on things for you.
Uhm.. this happened this morning. not last night.

Is spending all this time getting revenge worth your while?You want help to get sober. That's the goal.
Yes this company treated you poorly. Yes you have a right to be annoyed and angry. But how does going to the ombudsman help? You've already decided you're going to another facility. Why waste your time going through the hoops on this?
Because if this person is treating others the same way, he needs to be removed. That is why.

If you want payback, there are other ways to do it which expend a lot less energy.I suggest you write a review on yelp and move on. Leave out the names of people but just go hard about the company. This will have an impact on them and they may even reach out to apologise, Anyway - don't waste your time on being angry.
Okay...thanks for your advice.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I saw you have posted a new thread, but I'm replying here for context.

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post
Uhm.. this happened this morning. not last night.
If you take a look under my name you'll see I'm in Australia. People in Australia care as well you know.

Because if this person is treating others the same way, he needs to be removed. That is why.
If they are not doing their job they will get fired on their own.

Being vindictive doesn't help you and you don't know why the person was late. You speculated that they were getting drunk, but did you ask? You didn't say you asked, so I'll assume not.

Why would you want to hurt someone by getting them fired?

To help others? I call BS. It's to make yourself feel vindicated. To get revenge on this person who made you upset. Base human response.

Okay...thanks for your advice.
The internet is a bad place to express emotions because we don't really know for example, if someone is being sarcastic. This didn't sound like you appreciated my advice at all. And I didn't write to be a *****. I didn't write to give you a hard time. I wrote it because I was truly trying to help you.

Step back and look at what you want to accomplish.

A review in yelp will do more than enough to damage the reputation of this company. Who knows? With any luck these people might not ever be able to really help another drunk become sober! YAY! [That was sarcasm].

Sorry if I sound annoyed, but I am.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So am I
Old 06-16-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

ArtFriend, I am totally with you. I am planning my Day1 for two weeks now. Last week, I had a first apt with a psy. She added some meds to "help me". Last Sunday was supposed to be my Day1. I took a week off from work to be able to deal with the withdrawal symptoms out of my workplace. I saw her for a second time last Saturday and she told me that she will be away in conferences and meetings for three weeks. I had to hold my Day 1. I am pissed off and very disappointed. I lost a precious week vacation, doing nothing but waiting for my psy.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I wish you the best Art. I hope you accomplish your goal.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

hi Artfriend, this is somewhat related. I had surgery on both knees recently, went to my first appt with a physical therapist last week. The physical therapist did some basic stuff and I had some questions and his response was always "I'll have to take a look at your chart". ok fine right? He also seemed pretty convinced that I should do the majority of my therapy in a specialized therapy pool. THEN, he takes my braces off to get a base measurement of how far my knees would bend. In all my time in the hospital my pain level maxed at about an 8 1/2 out of 10. This a$$hole bent my knees to the point where they would not bend any further. He literally said "they won't bend any further and he was pushing pretty hard. 10 out of 10 on the pain chart for sure, I was grunting and squeezing my pillow as hard as I could. My wife then informs me that the top 2 items on my chart are: ABSOLUTELY NO BENDING OF KNEES and NO AQUATIC THERAPY. Obviously this infuriated her, sh called my surgeon, they apologized and their advice, or direct order actually was "find a different clinic and DO NOT return to that facility. So I feel your pain, someplace else will be more than happy to have you. Don't let one bad experience derail you. You can do it.