View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
wpainterw

I have had the same concerns in the past. One way of dealing with this is to take the trouble to go to another town, say 15 or 20 miles away once a week or so, but if this still makes you feel insecure I think that one to one counseling with someone who is bound by professional confidence and would not disclose your identity to anyone, might be helpful along with Rational Recovery and focus on the AV. Contact with other recovering alcoholics is very helpful. In my case I found it really necessary but I did it only when I moved to a big city and felt better about going to AA because there were so many different groups. A possibility for you might be some type of group therapy. You could talk it over with your counselor and see whether there is group therapy available. But if this also makes you uncomfortable, maybe it would be possible for you to reach our to one or two recovering alcoholic friends whom you can trust to keep a confidence. The bottom line is that I found it a lot easier and less risky to try to do it with help from some other person or persons. It can be done alone but it may be harder and riskier. Keep logging on to this website. That really helps! Good Luck.

W.