View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  
nymets86

Sounds like a good day Ready. I took it easy on myself yesterday and despite the nice weather, stayed in all day and caught up on sleep and junk TV. Between work, school, weddings and bachelor parties, I've just been all over. Also going hiking for Father's Day next weekend and will be out of town.

Today I did a 7.5-mile run and can really feel my fitness getting better. It's really a roller coaster for me though. I've run a marathon and two half marathons, so I'm still well above my weights when I ran those. I'm hoping that this diet combined with lack of alcohol will really help me keep the weight off. I know that while actively drinking, I can lose weight, but it doesn't stay off long. My workout routine now has nothing hampering it and I'm not wasting several thousand calories a week on booze. In fact, other than Gatorade here and there, I have had zero liquid calories in the last month. Juice/ginger ale I love, but are a waste of calories too.

So yeah, beautiful day in NYC today and despite a weekend where I didn't do much, I'm feeling pretty good. A bit lonely I suppose, but that's a lot better than trying to piece together what happened when I was blacked out after a night of "being social."

Weekend #17 of sobriety for me. I would be approaching 4-months, but I had my slip up. I'm still pretty content with 17 weekends in a row though, as that's when most of the negatives of my drinking would happen and this is the longest such streak I've had since I started drinking at age 16, so 13 years ago.