Thread: Borrowed drama
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
iGirl66

Borrowed drama

Part of getting better is being around healthy people. I have a girlfriend who has lots of issues stemming from childhood and has recognized this and has been going to therapy for over ten years now. What a money tree for this doctor!

She is 40 and never has had a normal relationship with a man. She's been the friend with benefits, the mistress, the buddy, but never a solid girlfriend. Of course when she gets dumped, SHE broke it off because it wasn't right for her and is at the point where men are useless to her. She has always acted jealous when I met a guy and would say snarky things like "well, let's see how long this one will last" and no matter who the guy is, how we met or the level of the relationship, it's "he's just using you, you know".

Anyway, she sends me a text that she saw the ex's Facebook page and he's all over it with some girl and how he was tearing me down. I know he's with some girl. He has no reason to tear me down. I asked "when did he tear me down, what's the date?" She said "oh, it was back when you guys had that big fight" so 2014? She says yeah, it was back then, BUT he should take it down!

She says that when she saw the pics of the new girl she just "totally freaked out" it was "traumatizing" (I kid you not, traumatizing) because she doesn't want "someone like him" in her friends. She didn't want someone who was "into the things he's into to be associated with her". He had a whole 5 hours to snoop through her page! Honestly, I don't think he'd give a toss. As far as I know, he's into getting better and this new girl. Damaged as it may be, it's not criminal.

I said he's MY ex, why are YOU traumatized? I admit, if I'd been there I'd have peaked at the page. I'm only human. She kept going on about the pics and the bad post which are separated by years. She then says that she hit unfriend with a "whew! That was close!" What was close?

Then she says that she was so sorry for all of the things that she saw and how she knows it's awful for me. I told her then she shouldn't have bothered telling me at all then. I don't go to his page and we are not friends. He's blocked from my side. She said that she thought I should know and that " he was never good for you, you'll laugh about it one day" I replied "whatever".

I was having a good day up until that point. This chick has got to go now. This isn't the first time she's gone drama queen or pouted or had some other weird dysfunctional response to my relationships with male friends romantic or platonic. I had actually stopped telling her things.

I have no intention of responding further to her. I know the pattern. She knows she screwed up. She will text in a few days asking if I want to walk in the park. Nope. I have many healthy gal pals to be around and ones who may have issues, but they are seriously working on them. This sick bird has to find another flock.