View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
TheBob1

Oh yeah (or, P.S.) -

I'm waiting for some words of wisdom from the intake person WHEN we have our meeting to hear some in-person advice on talking to family about "the issue". I suspect plenty here would (or have already) voiced opinions on this, but I am now sitting on pins and needles as regards breaking news to our son. Yeah, mabe he knows something, but I honestly don't think he knows "Mom has a problem". Hell, he has grown up with this (again, frog in slowly warming pot of water applies) , so he probably thinks this kind of dysfunction is normal. Okay, counting to 100 to calm the anger....

Now, he wonlt talk to me about it and I think Lexie nailed it: He probably wants NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with this - including even having knowledge of it. As someone posted ages ago, contrary to some of the more vocal people here, parental/grown-up issues needn't screw up the kids' lives. Now calm down (you know who (collective) you are!), I grew up in a similar way and can't really say one way or another if it was "right". I do know there was always a mystique about what parents said in private, but I can assure you as a kid I preferred that over having to participate and shoulder the angst of adult issues when puberty was more than enough already.

I know a few here will vehemently disagree b/c their own lives were or are different, but knowing my son (and myself - yes, he has a lot of me in him), I do not see him as one to have any desire to vent openly about these things. Maybe doing so would relieve a lot of pressure, of maybe it would just stir a pot that didn't need stirring.

Regardless of all that, I'll agree he needs to know - he will HAVE to know Mom is going away several hours a week; Well, that and this program has a weekly family night and I believe close members are strongly encouraged to participate, i.e. - tell the people in your home and maybe other close relatives.

But I'm getting ahead as I always do. First things first . . .

I've decided, if the powers that be (webmaster/director.moderator?) will allow it and it does not drag on, I would like to start "Chapter Two" when we get in the door of the facility - -or maybe even when we have a meeting time scheduled.

Happy Friday! Happy weekend!

I'm going to a family-oriented shooting event (yep, seriously!) and the next step in getting certified as a 'diver' A little self-improvement and distraction goes a LONG way, I have come (again, finally) to realize.

Hope this finds everyone who has followed and supported me this past month also doing something nice.