View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Still uncertain about my father...

I had one of the most meaningful (Skype) sessions with my therapist yesterday. I know it's not easy for him either as he really cares about me and we have a lot of in-depth to work on... which is far from my own issues only. Speaking of psychoanalysis, and for anyone considering it. I personally would not want any other form of therapy now. And I see it very clearly now why many of my mental health professional friends told me over the years, to go and do this analysis, for me and also for the (apparently lucky) analyst I do it with. It's also not y expensive at all -- my insurance in the US covers it. We also don't do it in textbook ways at all... for example, most of the time now it's 1x per week. More when I need. I think modern psychoanalysis can be quite relaxed.

So my father is alive. I have all those MRI and other test results, but I won't bore you with them. The bottom line is that he will most likely come out of this as a 84 yo man in a wheel chair but still able to control all bodily functions, speak also, so right now it seems like a healthy 84 yo in a wheel chair