View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 10:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
amy55

I am seriously considering this question. See, I always feel like a fraud coming to this section of SR. I joined here because I'm an alcoholic. The marriage I just got out of was abusive, (yes, he was an alcoholic, but I blame it more on the abuse.)

After being thru hell and back in that marriage, I don't know. Perhaps I would have settled for a no harm doing alcoholic. I think if my ex wasn't abusive I might have stayed with him.

The thing is he was also emotionally distant. At times I felt like I didn't even exist to him, and at times he wouldn't get his hands off of me.

Alcoholics are not capable of love. I say this because I am an alcoholic. I drank my feelings away. I didn't feel that I had a choice, even though I did have a choice.

Are you really OK with an emotionally devoid relationship? I know it's easier then your first marriage, but marriages shouldn't be sentences. Marriage should be 2 people together who love each other and you feel better and do better because of this union. (I know, not the right words, but I think you . understand what I mean) . Marriage or being with some one shouldn't be fireworks in the sky every night. It should be a mutual respect for each other, and not waiting around for someone to get their drunk a$$ off the couch to do things. That's not life.

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
amy