View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 10:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Julie59

Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post
Just before I went to a 10 day meditation retreat last month, I drank again. Not a lot, but enough. I think I was scared. Then, the retreat. No intoxicants of any kind, no killing, no talking (which makes "no lying" pretty easy), no meat, no reading, no writing. I came back to my world different. Felt weird, almost too "good". In fact, it was awesome. So, I drank. WHO DOES THAT FOR PETES SAKE?? Who doesn't drink and gets their life together for over 200 days, attends a life changing silent meditation retreat and then caves to a stupid bunch of fermented grapes?????

I guess I do. I'm back to SR and no alcohol. But, I've been reading and feeling like I've flunked out and have nothing to offer. Tonight, I realized I need to claim my rightful place and start posting again. Hello, fine friends.
That must have been an amazing experience Inch ... don't know if I could do it with books or writing. And yes I have so often got to the point of feeling so good and then Bam .... have that stupid bloody drink !!!!

How are you doing now? As you have said before We HAVE to stick at it !!!