Notices

It seems hard to get back here

Old 05-06-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It seems hard to get back here

Just before I went to a 10 day meditation retreat last month, I drank again. Not a lot, but enough. I think I was scared. Then, the retreat. No intoxicants of any kind, no killing, no talking (which makes "no lying" pretty easy), no meat, no reading, no writing. I came back to my world different. Felt weird, almost too "good". In fact, it was awesome. So, I drank. WHO DOES THAT FOR PETES SAKE?? Who doesn't drink and gets their life together for over 200 days, attends a life changing silent meditation retreat and then caves to a stupid bunch of fermented grapes?????

I guess I do. I'm back to SR and no alcohol. But, I've been reading and feeling like I've flunked out and have nothing to offer. Tonight, I realized I need to claim my rightful place and start posting again. Hello, fine friends.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Inchworm

I always said I could get sober in a cabin in the woods like Kerouac in Dharma Bums...but then I'd have to live forever in a cabin in the woods...

Returning to real life always tripped Kerouac up too...and me, so you're in good company .

we need a plan to deal with our day to day lives

No point in beating your self up..every day is a new start

you just need to start working on that normal life day to day plan.

There are a lot of good ideas here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 05-06-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back inchworm. Was the retreat specifically to work on sobriety through meditation? If not perhaps you could use what you learned and couple it with a sobriety plan?
Old 05-06-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Welcome back inchworm. Was the retreat specifically to work on sobriety through meditation? If not perhaps you could use what you learned and couple it with a sobriety plan?
I know what i learned can be used in the best possible way, Scott. I'm working on my action plan and will definitely include daily sitting.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dee. So right about " real life"
Old 05-06-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back inchworm. All is not lost...you took a few steps back but are still ahead of the game. Use what you learned and move forward. You can do this! :-)
Old 05-06-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back inchworm. Missed you
Old 05-07-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome bk
Old 06-09-2015, 10:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post
Just before I went to a 10 day meditation retreat last month, I drank again. Not a lot, but enough. I think I was scared. Then, the retreat. No intoxicants of any kind, no killing, no talking (which makes "no lying" pretty easy), no meat, no reading, no writing. I came back to my world different. Felt weird, almost too "good". In fact, it was awesome. So, I drank. WHO DOES THAT FOR PETES SAKE?? Who doesn't drink and gets their life together for over 200 days, attends a life changing silent meditation retreat and then caves to a stupid bunch of fermented grapes?????

I guess I do. I'm back to SR and no alcohol. But, I've been reading and feeling like I've flunked out and have nothing to offer. Tonight, I realized I need to claim my rightful place and start posting again. Hello, fine friends.
That must have been an amazing experience Inch ... don't know if I could do it with books or writing. And yes I have so often got to the point of feeling so good and then Bam .... have that stupid bloody drink !!!!

How are you doing now? As you have said before We HAVE to stick at it !!!