View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
DoubleDragons

Hi, guys.

WD, congrats to your daughter!! I tear up and get chills any time that I hear the national anthem. My husband and I were both military brats, so the patriotism runs deep.

Cindy, I am sorry about your old sponsor. I really have trust issues, I now realize. I am very grateful for SR because I wouldn't be able to open up enough with an AA group or even more so with a sponsor, as much as I would love to have that kind of one-on-one support. I think a huge part of me would always be wondering about ulterior motives or asking myself, "Who is this person who thinks that they should advise me??" I know that is not healthy, but it is just how I honestly think. It is a shame, because I think I would really benefit and learn from a sponsor/mentor type and there is a big part of me that wishes I had someone like that in my life, but more often than not, I turn into that person for other people. I think my codependent self feels more comfortable that way.

My youngest three children are extremely athletic. They get that from my husband's side. LOL I have been a girly, girl all of my life and physically all I really care to do is to walk or do yoga. I do get a lot of vicarious pleasure in watching my children in all of their physical talents. My eldest child played every sport under the sun, but by high school lost interest in them all. He does work out and run, but his really interests lie in music and history and food. LOL He is home this summer, but he has two jobs and a summer class, so we are still ships passing in the night.

Love you guys! Cindy, take care in your grief. We are so blessed to have wonderful, kind, unconditionally loving grandmothers, but it only makes their passing all of the worse.