Old 06-08-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Nonsensical
Hears The Voice

Strangeness yesterday. Mrs Non and I were invited to the engagement party of our daughter's friend. Lots of beer and a fully stocked bar at the future groom's parent's house. Not a problem, really. I wasn't a party drinker, I was an alone drinker. 4 coolers of beer in my garage; problem. 4 coolers of beer in public; not a problem.

I was helping myself at the snack table. Carrot sticks, broccoli, cucumber slices, cheese, cookies, and a bowl of gummy bears in water. WTF? Gummy bears in water? I thought they must have originally been on ice to keep them from getting sticky and the ice melted. I scooped out a couple with the spoon and put them in my hand. When they got near my nose I realized that it wasn't water, it was booze.

There were people standing around and I thought well, if I throw these away now it might start a conversation I don't want to have, so I popped them into my mouth and ate them. Rummy bears. I think I had about a thimble full of rum (at most). I spent the next hour trying to decide if I was actually feeling any effect from them or not. I'm still not sure. Except that...

I spent the next 3 hours listening to my AV tell me - hey, in for a penny, in for a pound. Go for it. How easy that old obsession returns, eh? I ate an extra hot dog instead. Triple onions. I really wanted that rum taste gone.

I should have thrown them away, but whats done is done. Such a strange situation, though. C'mon, hosts - keep the booze at the bar, not on the snacks table!