View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 09:28 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Latte

Originally Posted by TheBob1 View Post
Advocate - are they in the phonebook? (sarcasm, sorry)... But really, do I call a shelter?? I am NOT getting a gov't authority in our lives unless death or serious injury is imminent and there is no other legal option.

OK, why I "stay": This is not an every day occurrence, as much as it all sounds immediate b/c it is all here in one place at one time - - well, except her being buzzed every night. That is consistent, but the intensity varies pretty widely. I "stay" b/c life goes on semi-normally, well, until now that i am "done" after the threat of extortion (accusations I have abused her). Pride is another reason - IT IS MY BLEEPITY BLEEPIN' HOUSE. Do I leave the (expletive deleted) to take all I have earned in 55 years and what, go get an apartment? My son won't go with me, by the way. Just figured out today he seems to think this is my fault - because Mom said so in a very authoritative and dramatic way. I have no friends or family to stay with., but I'm not a poor helpless waif going into hiding from a stalker or something, so conditions are just not right for me to leave. I would, on the other hand, be happy to serve her with an eviction notice.
"My son won't go with me, by the way. Just figured out today he seems to think this is my fault-because Mom said so in a very authoritative and dramatic way."

Look up Parental Alienation.

My thoughts are with you.