View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Soberintexas007

Just finished my 66 minute workout. Just to show you how much weight gain is caused by alcohol, when I weighed myself yesterday BEFORE I worked out and now after weighing myself AFTER my workout today, there has been a swing of 8 lost pounds. Incredible! When I was drinking, that was a lot of calories since I drank almost 2 bottles of wine each night, then I ate more, then I smoked pot which made me hungrier, and I ate more after that. It was really bad! My self-esteem was plummeting each day.

Anyways, a woman that I met at a meeting a few weeks ago when I was like 4 days sober texted me and said she was thinking of me. I thought that was really nice. I texted her back of my recent struggles and told her I could meet her at that same meeting on Tuesday, but that I am spending most of my time at this other place that I am enjoying. She texted me back something nice and ended with, "Don't drink!" LOL Sounds so simple.

So I have my individual counseling today at 5 pm, then having dinner with my parents at 6:30 pm, and then I have my 8 pm AA meeting. I am feeling hopeful and just want to keep this going.

Also, I scheduled my first licensing examination in about 40 days (by the way, then there is a second examination after that). So I really can't screw around anymore!!! I need all the time I can get for studying and being prepared for that exam. I have already come this far by getting my master's degree in psychology and 3000 internship hours, and so I don't want to screw this whole process up just because I started drinking again a few months ago! My parents would disown me, and I would obviously be majorly disappointed in myself!